Discipleship Ministry Team
Providing opportunities for people to discover the Christian faith.
Supporting others to develop and grow in their understanding of the Christian faith.
Encouraging fellowship and Christian growth through a balanced programme of Christian teaching.
- Taste & See
- Home Groups
- Sanctuary - find us at on Facebook at facebook.com/sanctuarysq and on our website sanctuarysq.org - or get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual and group learning events, Prayer activities.
How to get involved:
If you’d like to be involved in: Taste and See, a home group, prayer activities, or if you would like to join the Discipleship Team, please email us.
Melissa and Alex Hoskins
Resources for online study and discipleship:
Lockdown has taught many of us to engage with our faith in a new way - be it through livestreamed services, zoom meetings or online courses! Below is a selection of resources that members of the discipleship team have found useful through this time.
- The Bible App (Free) / ‘YouVersion’. This app allows you to access the text of the bible across hundreds of versions and translations, and to access bible studies which you can follow alone, or with others. You can highlight and keep track of key passages, and add your own notes. The Discipleship Team uses this app periodically to do a bible study ‘digitally’ across the congregation - get in touch by email if you would like to be involved in one of these in future. Search for ‘Bible’ on your app store. App by Life.Church.
- Bible in One Year. This app takes you through the Bible cover-to-cover over the course of 365 daily sessions. Each involves a passage from Proverbs or Psalms, an Old Testament Passage and a New Testament Passage. You can read the text, or listen to an audio version recorded by David Suchet. The reflections are written by Nicky Gumbel, with the app designed as a companion to the Alpha course. Search ‘Bible in One Year’. App by Alpha Int.
- PrayerMate. Add names and topics that you want to keep track of in your prayers, and use prayers and devotional content from other Christian organisations. Search ‘PrayerMate’. App by Discipleship Tech.
- Lectio 365. A daily devotional resource that helps you pray the bible every day. Designed to support the user in taking time to pause and reflect on scripture each day, with content to read or listen to. Stewarded by Pete Greig and others. Search ‘Lectio 365’. App by 24-7 Prayer.
- Thy Kingdom Come. A resource designed to bring to life the season of Pentecost, but with additional daily reflections, prayers, readings and videos to support the theme of prayer that the season promotes. Search ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ App by Tresllisys.net.
- The Bible Project - bibleproject.com. The Bible Project is a crowdfunded animation studio - they have produced animated videos giving overviews of each book of the bible as a whole, and others focusing in on the meanings of specific recurring words, themes and literary styles found in the bible. The website also includes blogs to reflect on key themes and episodes of the scripture, and podcasts going into more detail around the themes explored.
- Made For This, Jennie Allen. The series explores how trust in God can be turned into practical action in our lives, aiming to equip listeners to find their purpose and identity through the lens of scripture. It is geared towards Christian women, but has something to say to support all listeners. On iTunes and Spotify.
- Exploring My Strange Bible, Tim Mackie. A collection of sermons and lectures digging deeper into contemporary theology and biblical history. On iTunes, Google Podcasts and Spotify.
- Holy Habits. This course, led by Andrew Roberts of the Bible Reading Fellowship, looks to equip us to be everyday disciples through developing ten core behaviours, modelled on the early church we read about in Acts 2. Written resources are available on the Holy Habits website, and the majority of the ‘live’ sessions followed in lockdown are available as a YouTube playlist here.
- Exploring the God Question. Can science and religion co-exist? This series, by Kharis Productions, is presented as a series of interviews by world-renowned contributors from both sides of the argument, and looks at the evidence for God in a scientific world through three topics: The Cosmos, Life & Evolution, Mind & Consciousness. The Search for Truth Trust has made the programmes available available here during the pandemic - just scroll down and look for ‘ETGQ’. More background info available here.